Perinatal and Infant Mental Health Fund Small Grants Fund
Funded by the Scottish Government, the Perinatal and Infant Mental Health Fund Small Grants Fund is open to smaller third sector organisations and constituted community groups that support parents and families who are experiencing mild to moderate mental health issues at any point from pregnancy up to an infant’s third birthday.
Types of work supported include non-clinical peer support and parenting support or other types of one-to-one or group support. Grants are available to spend over 18 months, from October 2021 to March 2023.
The Small Grants Fund is aligned to the main PIMH Fund and aims to fund activities that contribute to the outcomes of the PIMH Fund:
- Parents and carers with perinatal mental health issues have increased access to specialist care in the area where they live
- Parents and carers with perinatal mental health issues feel less isolated and better able to seek support from family, friends and their community
- Parents and carers feel better able to meet the needs of their infants and children (physical, social, emotional and cognitive)
- Parents and carers are better able to maintain a warm and secure relationship with their infant
- Infants at higher risk of mental health problems are better supported by parents and carers
Geographical areas funded: Scotland
- Type of funding:
- Type of cost:
- Revenue, Core costs
Fund award sizes
Notes on award amounts: Premium information
Who can apply
There are two types of application with different eligibility criteria:
- Application A: Constituted community groups with an annual income of less than £25,000. A constituted community group is a community group that has a set of governing rules and has charitable aims. The group does not need to be incorporated or registered as a charity to apply.
- Application B: Incorporated organisations with an annual income up to £1 million. You need to be registered with the Scottish Charity Regulator (OSCR) and have legal personality to apply.
When to apply
The deadline for applications was 9 July 2021.
How to apply
Apply online via the funder website.
Activites funded: Mental health care
Last reviewed 3 months ago