Investing in Enterprise Fund
The Investing in Enterprise Fund offers blended grant and loan investment to social enterprises, community organisations and charities working within our 13 eligible areas (see list above). The investment can be used for:
- Working capital
- Acquisition of assets
- Business growth
- Capital expenditure
Most importantly, the fund is designed to allow you to meet the needs of your business, achieve your vision and secure your future.
Investments made by this fund must demonstrate that they meet our social investment charitable objectives, which are:
- To prevent and/or relieve poverty among those living in Scotland
- To advance community development, and urban and rural regeneration, in Scotland
- To advance education in Scotland
This fund is made available through the JESSICA (Scotland) Trust, of which Foundation Scotland is the corporate trustee.
- Type of funding:
- Grant, Loan
- Type of cost:
- Capital, Revenue
Fund award sizes
Notes on award amounts: Premium information
Who can apply
Incorporated organisations in one of the 13 local authority areas can apply if they have:
- charitable, social or environmental objectives stated in your organisation’s governing documents
- a minimum of three unrelated directors
- an Asset Lock or Charitable Dissolution Clause
- assets of sufficient value to provide security for the loan
You must have approached a bank or commercial lender and been turned down for an investment to apply.
When to apply
Apply at any time. Decisions on applications are generally made within a 12-week timescale.
How to apply
Contact Foundation Scotland to discuss your plans and request an application form.
Activites funded: General charitable activities
Beneficiaries funded: Voluntary sector organisations
Last reviewed 13 days ago