Local groups and organisations across Scotland’s Rural Communities are able to apply for micro grants to support and promote mental health recovery following the pandemic in Scotland’s rural communities through community engagement and support approaches.
The Scheme is designed to fund creative local ideas that develop as communities work together to protect and support the people most excluded as we recover from Covid.
The grants are specifically aimed at people who face additional inequalities in achieving good mental health whilst recovering from the pandemic and are particularly aimed at:
- People who are marginalised and experience health inequalities due to factors such as poverty and social deprivation
- People who face multiple layers of inequality within specific marginalised groups: Refugees and Asylum Seekers ; Young Carers ; and LGBTI+ communities.
Grants must deliver at least one of the following outcomes:
- Raise awareness of the need to look after mental health and seek help and support
- Avert people slipping into crisis and being at risk
- Provide immediate practical support and help (housing, benefits respite)
- Provide resilience/confidence intervention
- Address specific barriers to accessing mainstream support services including but not only language or cultural barriers.
Premium information is available exclusively to SCVO members and supporters
Geographical areas funded:
- Type of funding:
- Type of cost:
Fund award sizes
- Premium information
Who can apply
Groups and organisations working in Scotland's rural communities (as defined by the Scottish Government). All sizes of groups/organisations are eligible to apply but they will prioritise smaller community groups who have less access to funding, or for whom a relatively small amount will make the biggest difference.
When to apply
The grants will be available to apply to for in three rounds of applications across all three areas:
- Round 3: opened 1 August – closes 21 October 2022
All funding awarded must be spent by end March 2023, with final reports and evaluations completed by end June 2023.
Next deadline: 21 Oct 2022
How to apply
Download the application form from the Support In Mind Scotland website and return via email to the address provided.
Housing & shelter
Advice & information
Health care & wellbeing
Mental health care
Respite & holidays
Social care & welfare
Socially isolated people
People in poverty
Mental health conditions
Refugees & asylum seekers
Last reviewed 10 days ago