The Baily Thomas Charitable Fund - General Grants
The fund aids research into learning disability aids the care and relief of those affected by learning disability. Their priorities are learning disabilities (intellectual disabilities) and autism and they will consider projects for children or adults.
They will fund:
- Capital building/renovation/refurbishment works for residential, nursing and respite care, and schools;
- Employment schemes including woodwork, crafts, printing and horticulture;
- Play schemes and play therapy schemes;
- Day and social activities centres including building costs and running costs;
- Support for families, including respite schemes;
- Independent living schemes;
- Support in the community schemes;
- Snoezelen rooms.
Geographical areas funded: UK
- Type of funding:
- Type of cost:
- Capital, Revenue
Fund award sizes
Notes on award amounts: Premium information
Who can apply
Applications will only be considered from voluntary organisations which are registered charities (that includes Schools and Parent Teacher Associations, Co-operative and Community Societies and other such exempt charities) or are associated with a registered charity. The Fund does not currently accept appeals from Community Interest Companies
When to apply
Meetings of the Trustees are usually held in March, June and November of each year. The deadlines for submitting an appeal for funding over £10,000 are 1 December, 1 March and 1 August each year. You are encouraged to submit your application as soon as you are able. There are no submission deadlines for applicants seeking funding up to £10,000.
Next deadline: 1st Aug 2021
How to apply
Application form available on the funder website.
Beneficiaries funded: Learning disabilities
Last reviewed about 2 months ago