sportscotland - Sport Facilities Fund
The fund supports capital projects that create or improve places that people take part in sport and physical activity. Awards are available for sports facility projects within club & communities, school & education or performance sport environments. In clubs and communities they will support:
- new, upgraded or extended sports facilities; Inclusive changing facilities
- facilities that provide or improve access for outdoor sport and adventure activities
- floodlights that increase capacity at appropriate sports facilities
- major items of sports equipment.
They will provide enhanced support to projects within or serving the most deprived communities, according to the Scottish Index of Multiple Deprivation (SIMD). They focus participation and progression and prioritise projects where there is a commitment to equalities & inclusion, people development, collaboration & impact.
Greater prioritisation will be given to projects and applications supporting Return to Sport objectives and outcomes following the Coronavirus Pandemic. As well as those that can clearly demonstrate an embedded inclusive approach such as Changing Lives Through Sport and Physical Activity and target participants in/from SIMD areas or Disability, BAME or other protected characteristic groups.
Geographical areas funded: Scotland
- Type of funding:
- Type of cost:
Fund award sizes
Notes on award amounts: Premium information
Who can apply
Any non profit distributing, constituted organisations whose membership is open to all sections of society. This includes schools and public bodies such as local authorities.
When to apply
They operate only two investment rounds each year:
- Small projects have a deadline of 1 April and 1 September for a decision within three months of the deadline.
- Stage 1 large projects should be submitted by the 1st of any month and Stage 2 by 1 April and 1 September for a decision within three months of the deadline.
Next deadline: 1st Apr 2022
How to apply
Log on to the sportscotland website and follow the online wizard to guide you through creating your own ‘MySport’ account and completing the application form. There is a single stage process for projects costing up to £250,000 including VAT. There is a two stage process for For applications with a total project value over £250,000 (including VAT).
Last reviewed about 2 months ago