Fife Environment Trust - Large Grants
The principles of sustainability and responding to the climate emergency are at the centre of the Trust’s Funding Strategy. The main aim is to utilise contributions from Landfill Operators in order to maximise benefits for communities through environmental projects with a specific emphasis on:
- Helping Fife communities rise to the challenge of climate change by supporting projects, which: cut or store greenhouse gas emissions; increase resilience to climate change impacts; and ensure that vulnerable people are not further disadvantaged by climate change and which provide opportunities for all.
- Improving the quality of the natural environment within Fife by supporting projects which support biodiversity and a healthy natural environment, and in so doing, recognising that nature-based solutions have multiple benefits.
- Improving quality of life for communities by safeguarding and supporting improvements to the built and natural environment, including local generation of sustainable heat and power.
- Supporting community led urban and rural regeneration schemes that encompass social inclusion, and which foster community capacity building and involvement in local decision making.
- Type of funding:
- Type of cost:
- Capital, Revenue
Fund award sizes
Notes on award amounts: Premium information
Who can apply
Any group or organisation in Scotland can apply provided the following criteria are met:
- Community groups and organisations must be constituted not-for-profit bodies;
- All projects must be directly for the public benefit.
When to apply
Applications submitted in March are considered by the Board of Directors every May and applications submitted in September are considered every November.
How to apply
Application form available via funder website.
Last reviewed 17 days ago