The Stanley Smith (UK) Horticultural Trust
The Trust achieves its objects by making grants to individuals, organisations and institutions carrying out projects of significance to horticulture, gardening or botany with a strong horticultural element.
The following is a non-exhaustive list of typical projects:
- gardeners’ training schemes run by appropriate organisations
- restoring gardens of historic interest
- developing new gardens for public access and enjoyment
- exhibitions, book publications, research and educational programmes relating to horticulture
- expeditions to collect and protect plants of scientific and horticultural value
- study-visits by horticulturists or botanists with strong horticultural links.
Geographical areas funded: UK
- Type of funding:
- Type of cost:
- Capital, Revenue
Fund award sizes
- Annually awarded:
- Premium information
Notes on award amounts: Premium information
Who can apply
Grants are made to individuals, organisations and institutions.
When to apply
Grants are normally awarded twice a year with the deadline for applications of 15 February for the April Trustees’ meeting and 15 August for the October Trustees’ meeting.
Next deadline: 15th Aug 2021
How to apply
Apply in writing.
Last reviewed 2 months ago