VocTech Activate is a test bed where the first spark of an idea which could solve a vocational learning problem can be scoped and tested in the supportive environment that Ufi funding provides. They fund projects that are at a relatively early stage, helping to prototype ideas and work out the next steps necessary on the journey to long-term success.
They want to see innovative digital vocational learning ideas which are:
- Genuinely innovative in their overall approach, their technology, or the sector or community of learners to which they will be applied.
- Ideas where people are really thinking differently about how to use technology to deliver effective vocational learning at scale.
- Ideas which have a strong evidenced connection to a clearly defined learner group, and a clear understanding of their challenges, barriers to learning and barriers to adoption of technology-based approaches.
- Projects that look at any and every aspect of vocational learning, including (but not limited to) design and development of learning tools, new delivery models, evaluation and assessment, accreditation and recording evidence of achievement.
- Projects targeted at extending learning provision to sectors, industries and communities of learners that currently lack good access to vocational learning due to factors including market/sectoral structures, cost, time, distance or language.
VocTech Activate will fund the design, development and early stage testing of novel approaches to digital vocational learning; helping to take those ideas through basic prototyping to the next stage of 'seeding the market' by delivering a first proof of concept prototype and planning a route to market.
Premium information is available exclusively to SCVO members and supporters
Geographical areas funded:
- Type of funding:
- Type of cost:
Fund award sizes
- Premium information
- Premium information
- Notes on award amounts:
Who can apply
It is open to a range of organisations, including charities, trade bodies, existing learning providers and employers
When to apply
The call will open for applications on 2 January 2024. Applications will close on 31 January 2024.
Next deadline: 31 Jan 2024
How to apply
Ufi uses an online application process. Once you have registered on the Ufi website and created an account, you can log-in, access the application form, save your draft and return to it at any time while the funding round is open. To help you prepare your application they are running a series of workshops during January 2024, register for these via the funder website.
Education & training
Last reviewed about 4 hours ago