Energy Saving Trust has been appointed by Ofgem to distribute payments from energy companies who have breached rules. The funds can pay for anything from making a home more energy efficient, to providing advice that helps consumers keep on top of their bills.
The priorities of the scheme are to support energy consumers in vulnerable situations, develop innovative products or services and empower consumers to reduce their carbon emissions. Projects should also focus on enabling a just transition to national net zero carbon emissions targets and reducing the impact of climate change associated with energy consumption.
The scheme will fund new projects in the following funding streams:
- The Main Fund aimed at projects that will support energy consumers in vulnerable situations.
- The Small Project Fund aimed at projects that will support energy consumers in vulnerable situations.
- Innovation Fund aimed at projects that will develop innovative products or services to benefit energy consumers.
- Carbon Emissions Reduction Fund is targeted at projects that can help domestic energy consumers participate in the just transition to Net Zero CO2 emissions.
- Winter Energy Fund is dedicated to prepayment meter customers who are at risk of self-disconnection.
Premium information is available exclusively to SCVO members and supporters
Geographical areas funded:
- Type of funding:
- Type of cost:
Fund award sizes
- Premium information
- Annually awarded:
- Premium information
- Notes on award amounts:
Who can apply
The Energy Redress Scheme is open to charitable organisations that support energy customers in England, Scotland and Wales. Only charities that are registered with the Energy Redress Scheme and have passed the due diligence process can apply.
When to apply
The next deadline is to be announced. Check the Trust website for the most up to date details.
In order to be considered for the forthcoming funding window, please ensure registration is completed no later than two weeks prior to the application deadline.
How to apply
Applicants should complete a simple online information form to check whether they are eligible to apply. Those organisations that meet the initial criteria will be notified and their details will be held by the Energy Saving Trust. When funds become available, eligible organisations will be invited to apply.
Advice & information
People in poverty
Last reviewed 2 months ago