Zero Waste Scotland - SME Loan Fund
The SME Loan provides unsecured, interest free loans from for the installation of energy efficient measures such as lighting and heating upgrades, double glazing and insulation. The loan can be used to pay for:
- heating, ventilation and air conditioning upgrades: from single improvements to controls to complete system replacement
- lighting systems: fitting and controls
- building fabric: including insulation, draft-proofing, double and secondary glazing
- water saving: be it installing a grey water system, harvesting rain water or sampling installing water efficient taps
- waste reduction: installation of equipment to improve handing and reduce waste at source.
Geographical areas funded: Scotland
- Type of funding:
- Type of cost:
- Capital, Revenue
Fund award sizes
Notes on award amounts: Premium information
Who can apply
The scheme is aimed at providing loan funding for Scottish businesses that fall within the European Commission definition of Small and Medium-sized Enterprise (SME), not-for-profit organisations and charities.
When to apply
Applications are processed on a rolling basis all year round, subject to the overall availability of loan funds.
How to apply
Contact the Resource Efficient Scotland helpline on 0800 808 2268 or fill in the online form. A personal adviser will help you identify eligible measures that will reduce your energy use before you submit your loan application.
Beneficiaries funded: Voluntary sector organisations
Last reviewed 2 months ago