The Russell Trust is a Charitable Trust supporting a broad range of local charities. Some of the categories under which grants may be awarded are as follows:
- The advancement of education.
- The advancement of health.
- The advancement of civic responsibility or community development.
- The advancement of, arts, heritage, culture, or science.
- The advancement of public participation in sport.
- The advancement of environmental protection and improvement.
- The relief of those in need by reason of age, ill health, disability, financial hardship or other disadvantage.
- Any other purpose that may reasonably be regarded as analogous to any of the other preceding purposes.
The Trust’s funds come mainly from its ownership of about a quarter of the employee-owned Markinch papermakers, Tullis Russell. They primarily give to organisations in Fife.
- Type of funding:
- Type of cost:
- Capital, Revenue
Fund award sizes
Notes on award amounts: Premium information
Who can apply
Open to charities, but preference is given to charities which are local in nature and which are new and require initial rather than continuing support or undertaking new projects.
When to apply
At any time.
How to apply
Request an application form via email.
Last reviewed 3 months ago